Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Anticheats are catching on?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Nonamefound1

• View Profile
Anticheats are catching on?
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:45:44 AM »
I tried to test an old (yet still undetectable) version of Big Packets on various Gmod servers and i noticed something well..  worrying to say the least. Although for the majority of servers the menu both works and remains undetectable, there's been quite a few that i will get kicked out of as soon as a join. However i can't complain since its always only a kick but the message that pops up points out the fact that there is something suspicious with my client (e.g. User has been kicked. "Can't be trusted"). Anyone had the same observation/problem?

Offline itsajna

• View Profile
Re: Anticheats are catching on?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »
Never hapenned to me, maybee you've been banned for hacking on other servers that have a common banlist.

Offline Nonamefound1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 03:53:48 PM »
Never hapenned to me, maybee you've been banned for hacking on other servers that have a common banlist.

Thing is, I've never been banned on this account before (atleast not for cheating). Happened to me today on Harry's Mod TTT server. Says AntiTrust kick...

Offline lordleo223

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »
It has happend to me only once or twice. but yeah seems to be a worrying trend

Offline Toxicc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
I havent used big packets in a while so I might test it out again soon

Offline skyrockete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
nowadays you really have to be careful. you need some kind of bypasser for most servers. but BP should work fine. does for me

Offline IThrowRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »
Was there any updates to Gmod Lately Talking about updating the anti cheat? But when I used it almost all servers let it pass...

Offline Clueless_gun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
It could be a shared global list on servers. Aka a db of users to connected to any server in the system, i would assume it works like you get banned from one server lowering your trust score in the db. Arma 3 does something similar where servers share a banlist (although this is a stupid system)

Total Registered Members:

2017-2023 BigPackets. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. This site is not associated with any company in any way.