Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Graphics Cards  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Aesthetik

• View Profile
Graphics Cards
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »
I need a new graphics card and idk whether to get Amd or Nvidia can someone recommend me one of them???

Offline HackBack2

• View Profile
Re: Graphics Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:55:25 PM »
Nividia is The most popular with good components. I've used Nividia all my life with a lot of driver installation issues. Some to the point of almost destroying my motherboard my repair guy said once when I installed new Nividia drivers over old ones, without deleting the old ones 1st. Anyways I've gotten sick of those types of problems and also the Intel processors. I noticed over the decades of having many many computers both kinds AMD and Intel. Intel's always ran way hotter and would very often shut down due to overheating. The AMD on the other hand with equivalent or even lesser "power" never seem to run even half as hot. So now I Own a 6 Core AMD CPU Clocked at 4.1, ASUS MB with 16GB that run at 1100 MHz Clock speed Ram with Compatible XFX AMD 460 4GB GPU with a 1200mhz Clock speed. Tossed in the Cosrair liquid cooling system just because screw it AMD is soo much cheaper than Intel. Was a total of $900 brand new with warranties for everything Including my 24" LG 3D Monitor. What I'm trying to get at really is, the Most Important thing you need to look for is Clock Speed in MHz.
Like for internet people think 200Mb download speed is going to make gaming faster when in reality that has nothing to do with gaming or streaming. Latency speed is what determines you gaming and streaming throughput. Hope this helps  ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:14:36 AM by HackBack2 »

Offline HackBack2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »
And now my Graphics Card overheated in the middle of a Cabin Fever game!  Omg FML LOL!

Offline Jefferson1776

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
I need a new graphics card and idk whether to get Amd or Nvidia can someone recommend me one of them???

Try the gtx 1070

Offline Superchet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
I would say go for a used 1050Ti, if you find a good seller you can get it for the same price as it was before the mining meta.

Offline Vikuzz123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:58:23 AM »
The best choice is Nvidia 1080. The best choice of all, and excellent performance.

Offline sniperurbutt13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »
I personally have AMD, but AMD can't run some games. I have flicker graphics in game and i cant seem to find how to fix it and my graphics card is $900 and so i suggest Nvida.

Offline dannyboy8080

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 03:12:18 PM »
Hey, I personally use Nvidia and have GTX 1060. I run more than 60 FPS on all games (unless a gmod server is full lmao). My friend has an AMD motherboard (I'm not sure if that affects anything) and his computer lasted maybe a year at most. I think NVidia is the most viable option

Offline killerbilly16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
I got a GTX970M haven't had an issue runs smooth and outputs what I want

Total Registered Members:

2017-2023 BigPackets. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. This site is not associated with any company in any way.